my little virtual DIVE COMPUTER museum;
2016, 2nd. part, iX3M Deep
2016: 2nd. part
the mixgas computer RATIO iX3M "DEEP"
- Made in Italy by DIVE SYSTEM
- resp. technical infos there
- 3 gases, compass, TFT display, accu- & pc connection via USB, 2 algorithms: Bühlmann ZH-L16B and VPM-B
- with a couple of pre-defined Gradient-Faktors
- and with a cryptic (because it is undocumented) ASM (Adaptive Sigmoidal Model) for repetitive dives
- but: Helium only in one mix up to max. 50 %
- (concerning the ASM there are in the old ORCA / FURYO Manuals from Dive System only a couple of strange announcements like:
- " ... In repetitive dives with a surface interval shorter than two hours, the ASM has a higher effect on decompression time in the following dive. ..."
- (p. 7 in FURYO Manual, resp. p. 9 ORCA Manual)
- what is really standing out negatively:
- scruffy set up!
- as well temperature and air pressure, measured under laboratory conditions, are far out in the left field!
- temperature, with a calibrated PT100:
- comparison of surface air pressure with another dive computer:
- normally the temperature drift of the pressure sensors should be compensated:
- it seems that this is not the case here (real value: 993.0 mBar @ 22.0° C) ...
- as well the precision for the depth measurement (Manual EN Version 1.12, p. 16) seems a little bit over-optimistic ...
- a standard piezo chip, eg.:
MS5535-30 C from meas
, rated for 30 Bar, (pls. cf. as well http://www.meas-spec.com/) may have, all errors considered,
- quite a worst case error of ca. 375 + 50 + 40 = 465 mbar, i.e. ca. 5 m deviation
- Info Screen:
- OC Planner:
- but the OC Planner stops at 60 min.! (min. depth = 18 m)
- and the result:
- with Air / EAN it seems to be quite ok ...
- but with a Trimix Tmx21/50:
- and comparison with the GUE DecoPlanner: far out in the left field!
- and, here a comparison with the GUE DecoPlanner in the VPM Modus; adjusted with:
- Conservativism = 0, critical bubble radius = 0.5 mue
- then it fits:
- tons of unerotic numbers
- the used profiles are NOT for diving but instead to check the software:
- How reasonably and stable are the algorithms implemented?
- Or: where was this job botched?
- here: is the downloadable general Benchmark
- as well an Ox-Tox Test / CNS Benchmark with 3 other dive computers:
- here: is the Ox-Tox Test / CNS Benchmark
- here: after update APOS : EAN32 @ 41 m / 45 min
- and: TISSUE RESET
back to: contents
back to: homepage