Dive Computer and Dive Tables Specialty
a two-day seminar with a special certification:
DIVE TABLE / DIVE COMPUTER Specialist, PADI and/or SSI certified
- in-depth understanding of dive computers:
- to explain, compare and critically evaluate dive computers!
- confident and secure handling of dive computers and dive tables,
- to be able to explain: compartments, M-values, halftimes;
- get to know the backgrounds of: physiology of diving and decompression calculations,
- as well of: commercial off-shore and mix gas diving,
- the basics of NITROX and HELIOX/TRIMIX for TECHNICAL DIVING.
- EAD and MOD calculations, to explain the oxygen clock (%CNS and OTUs),
- to read and explain a recompression table
- get to know specials like: Lorrain-Smith and Meyer-Overton theories
- to understand the correlation between carbon dioxid and an oxygen convulsion
- Basics, Recapitulation: Boyle-Mariotte and Henry laws; partial pressure;
- decompression sickness: symptoms, treatment, silent bubbles,
- factors, which influence DCS/DCI; after-effects of diving.
- Theories of Haldane (2:1) and Bühlmann-Hahn (ZH-L16)
- The VERY FIRST DIVING TABLE of the WORLD!
- as well background information concerning the US NAVY (Air) table and the latest DOPPLER tables:
- PADIs RDP, the WHEEL, and the SSI, NAUI and NOAA tables.
- Introduction to decompression calculation with easy examples.
- Simple excercises with tables like the DECO 2000.
- Overview of the functionality of dive computers
- US NAVY and DCIEM mix gas tables, oxygen decompression, surface decompression,
- closed and open circuit rebreathers (SCR and CCR).
- Background info and tables for NITROX diving; PADI/SSI EANx; the role of the N O A A.
- Mountain-Lake diving and flying after diving;
- Dive Simulation on the PC: NDLs, different NITROX mixes, SI;
- what happens with the saturation of a compartment during a safety stop?
- We carve our own Air / Nitrox NDL tables!
- What the hack are Multi-Gas Computers? How do I operate one?
- What's the buzz about the new deco-models like VPM, RGBM?
- Tips and tricks with the new NAUI RGBM tables.
- What's the meaning of: "accelerated deco" and "deep stop"?
- brand-new stuff from the United States Navy diving Table, Revision 6 from 04/2008!
Certification as PADI / SSI OPEN WATER Diver or equivalent
back to the DIVE TABLES homepage